Thread: Xbox 360 Vs PS3
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
standardman

I have both and I use my 360 much, much more. Granted that's partly because it can go straight into my monitor without complaining but it's also because the online features are much better. Paying for it is annoying (especially for someone used to PC) but you do get features like partying up, often better servers, better patching service etc and the PS3 online always seems quiet to me. The paid thing for PS3 is just a premium service - playing other people is still free.

The graphics thing only really matters for exclusives. Sony built a potentially powerful system but it's a such a pain to make games for that titles on both systems tend to run better on the 360 (which is basically a PC). When something's being built exclusively for the PS3, they can take advantage of the power and you get nice looking games like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 or God of War 3 but you shouldn't expect that for multi platform games, unless PS3 is the lead (Final Fantasy's the only game that springs to mind).

As for worrying about a new console, we're at the point where they would usually be coming out but according to the guys developing those systems, this is going to be a much longer generation than usual. It's no coincidence that both companies are releasing motion control hardware now, it's to try and get the money they'd usually get from a hardware refresh without having to make a new console.

Anyway, if I had to decide between one the of two, i'll keep my 360.