View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I don't think that Dane came off that badly in this podcast. I also don't think Marc went after him with the intent that some people are inferring. While he poked fun at some things Dane said, it seemed fairly good-natured. The only problem I heard with it was that Marc didn't let up when Dane acted (understandably) defensive about the story.

While I don't think Marc and Dane will be best buds, I don't have a hard time imagining they'll be friendly to each other after this.
I just listened to the two Mencia shows and the Cook show and I totally agree with this. Marc didn't go hard on the attack with either of them; I thought, like a good interviewer should, he brought up all the questions and issues he had but it seemed clear to me that Marc's motivation was curiosity about what makes these two controversial guys tick much more than being any kind of indictment of them.

I still don't like Dane Cook but I do think he came off as far less slimey than Mencia. Cook may be lying about one or two things (although his answer about Louis CK's silly name joke actually being a Steve Martin joke was a good one), but he came across as less devious than Mencia, who seems like he has more than a little of El Diablo in him.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote