View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ansur

I loved the series and I thought the movie was better than some people made it out to be. Sure, I would have gone with more of the script from the cartoon and Shyamalan sucks, but it was not the worst conversion ever.

It wasn't as bad as LotR and the Harry potter movies from the 3rd one on, where it seems like they got the fucking story from someone else who read the cliffnotes version while they were drunk. The casting change for Dumbledore was just the worst fucking decision. I know the first guy died, and he played the role perfectly, but the replacement just fucking sucked. He sucked as Gandalf, and he sucked as Dumbledore. They should have gotten an actor that could take his cues from the first two movies. And they needed a director that had at least read the books so they didn't leave out good stuff for made up bullshit scenes.

For LotR, I'd just want to go with an old fashioned stoning for everyone involved. Send them to the Middle East and accuse them all of adultery because they fucked the story so hard.

But for Airbender, not sure the movie is going to make enough money for the next two to get made. Do go see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, though.

(my mistake, different actor for Gandalf and replacement-Dumbledore. Hate them both then)

Last edited by Ansur; 07-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote