View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
DudeEMETIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
It wasn't as bad as LotR and the Harry potter movies from the 3rd one on, where it seems like they got the fucking story from someone else who read the cliffnotes version while they were drunk. The casting change for Dumbledore was just the worst fucking decision. I know the first guy died, and he played the role perfectly, but the replacement just fucking sucked. He sucked as Gandalf, and he sucked as Dumbledore. They should have gotten an actor that could take his cues from the first two movies. And they needed a director that had at least read the books so they didn't leave out good stuff for made up bullshit scenes.

For LotR, I'd just want to go with an old fashioned stoning for everyone involved. Send them to the Middle East and accuse them all of adultery because they fucked the story so hard.
1) Are you talking about the Peter Jackson LOTR films? Ian McKellen never played Dumbledore, and he's an amazing Gandalf....are you mad?
2) I agree HP movies pretty much blow....but the LOTR were epic films..yeah they left out a lot of detail, but movies will always leave out details, you can't fit it all in a film and they're usually made for $$ not the fans.
3) How can you not like Lord of the Rings movies? You must be talking about some other film adaptation I don't know about.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote