View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
DarkKnightJared

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Um...well the same sort of stuff I like in any regular series I watch.

I like "whaaaat" stuff...like mindbending, thought provoking, strange, things.
Sci-Fi is hit or miss for me, but when it's good I usually really like it
Action is okay, I'm not usually into action so much as I am adventure...the action in a show or film should come from some bigger "journey"/"mission" not just some guy kicks other people's ass a lot.
I like "deep" stuff...hard hitting emotional shit...tearjerks are cool.

Fantasy is hit or miss too..and it's what turned me off anime when I was younger...everything I saw was all (what to me seemed) retarded monster-attacking shits....pokemon (which I liked for the first two/three years), digimon, yugioh....dumb magic power-stuff like spirit guns and w/e the hell Dragon Ball Z was about....

I'm more open-minded though, but I'm just saying that turned me off as a kid.

I don't know if comedy is big in anime, but I definitely like comedy...especially black comedy, dry or witty humor.

I've seen a few anime movies that I've liked: Paprika, Spirited Away, The Grave of Fireflies....if that helps any.
Like mind-bending and thought-provoking? Neon Genesis Evangelion, and then see the movie End of Evangelion. It starts out looking like a standard mech action show, but they quickly deconstruct all these characters and explore all their flaws and twisted natures.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote