View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
DWarrior
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
In a stunningly typical of myself move, I have started a book none of you have graciously suggested. It's called Neuromancer by William Gibson...anyone heard of it? I promise some of your suggestions are next for me (Never Let Me Go is next -- that looks great, thank you to GossipTGirl for that one.) I'm not really sure how I feel about Neuromancer yet. Some of the scenes he sets are incredible and his view of the future/internet is very bleak which I like (it was written in the 80s.) But the writing is dense, almost too dense for me. And I don't particularly like Case, the main character. I dunno. If you've read it, your thoughts?
It's one of maybe 3 or 4 sci fi books I read, and I read it a while ago, but I liked it. Some of the stuff is hard to follow/visualize, especially the later cyberspace scenes with I believe Wintermute.

I meant to read the other 2 books in the trilogy, but never got around to them.

If they ever made it into a high-budget movie, it'd be The Matrix times babillion, sans the bullshit religious references.

Oh, and that reminded me of another fiction book I read:

It's so gloriously twisted, and might appeal to the fetishist freaks on the forums. From Wiki: one publisher's reader returned the verdict "This author is beyond psychiatric help. Do Not Publish!" which is what prompted me to read it. The movie is also great (the 1996 one, not the bullshit unrelated 2004 crap)

Last edited by DWarrior; 07-31-2010 at 03:23 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote