View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #4098 (permalink)
KzooKid

I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 is one of my favorite XBLA games. It's a Geometry Wars type shooter. The music is hysterical. It's 4 person co-op on a single screen. We play this everything we can get people together. It's only 80 points!

From Wikipedia:

I Made a Game with Zombies in It!, also known by the alternative spelling I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1, is a 2009 action shooter Xbox Live Indie Game available for Xbox 360. It was developed by Ska Studios and was designed entirely by company founder James Silva, previously best known for the Xbox Live Arcade game The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.[1][2] The game was developed using Microsoft XNA, Hypermagic Engine 3.0 and the Megacore X parallelization processor. It was released on August 16, 2009.[3][4]
The game features a lone protagonist viewed from an aerial perspective. Using two controller joysticks, the player shoots droves of attacking zombies while collecting power-ups.[5] It features a rock-style background song with lyrics about the game itself.[6] The song, which shares the same title as the game, was made available for download on the official Ska Studios website.[7] The game was available for 80 Microsoft Points Xbox Live, which translates to one dollar.[1][5] Silva said Xbox Live's indie game price point inspired him to make "a $1 experience that delivers". He did not expect it to be a success, and that he was "half-expecting it to fail for being too stupid of a game".[2]
The game was ranked 2009's most popular Xbox Live Indie Game based on connectivity.[1][8] It sold 160,000 copies by January 2010, making it the top-selling Xbox Live Indie Game by more than 40,000 units.[1][3] and 200,000 copies by March 2010, making Silva roughly $140,000 after Microsoft's 30 percent revenue fee.[3] The game became a favorite with critics, and was noted for its quirky sense of humor and theme song.[1] IGN ranked it the best independent game of 2009.[9] IGN writer Erik Brudvig said the game was extremely entertaining and "somehow about as insane as its title", despite the simple controls.[5] I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 won the 2009 Inside Gaming Award for Best Indie Game.[6]
(Offline)   Reply With Quote