View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #4130 (permalink)
unrealrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
I love love love the art direction in Bioshock...I love the future-retro cultural influence, I love the idea of it, but I just couldn't get into the game. Am I crazy? Should I give it another chance or does anyone else feel the same way? I played it for about 2 hours and just felt like I was being corralled from one scripted scene to the next...
I have to say, I mostly agree with you on this one. I enjoyed Bioshock 1 - didn't love it - and though Bio 2 was just very bland. And no, I couldn't really get into either of them. I know it's a thin comparison to make, but both Half-Lifes were essentially going from one pitched/scripted sequence to the next, but I couldn't get enough of it! Bioshock... there was just something about it that didn't connect with me - too transparent? It is a weird feeling when everyone else is praising the game, you know it has great technical qualities and story aspects, but for some reason, it just doesn't work on a personal level.

I also never fully appreciated the appeal of Fallout 3. I have the feeling that I too am "growing out of" certain games. There have been a few other people on this thread with pretty much the same comments, so there must be something to it. Let's just all agree that Civ 5 will be gaming gold.

Go Canada!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote