View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #4150 (permalink)
doctorsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
Man, Dragon Age was another game that I just can't get into ...it's frustrating because I really want to and while playing I feel the potential there but I just get bored or feel let down when I suddenly get a "Go into the woods and find 5 heal plants and bring them back" quest. Its hard for me to take the story seriously with that kind of uber-obvious videogame-rpg crap.

As for reading non-silly fantasy, the newer books are kinda shitty, bit the beginning of the George RR Martin "Song of Ice and Fire" books are pretty good and "realistic", very emotional and startling at times...
Was that one of the church bulletin board missions, yeah those suck

Trust me though, that game is damn near PERFECT, the story is epic and has so many damn branches for you to go in, give it another shot, focus on the story instead of side quests, for now, you will be glad you did.

(and if you like the idea of that game but dont like the RPG/Fantasy elements of it, MASS EFFECT) The first one is a little shoddy and unpolished game play wise, but the story is amazing and pretty much needed for you to play part 2 (you carry over your character and decisions) and part 2 is one of the best games of this generation, the combat in one is wonky, but 2 turns into straight up Gears of War meets Knights of the Old Republic
(Offline)   Reply With Quote