View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #4160 (permalink)
standardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I don't want to seem like I'm using you guys, but I know a lot of you have played more video games than I have...so if you don't mind, I'd like to list some games I've found at the local game store that are affordable, and maybe you guys can tell me which ones are worth it?

I know often the cheapest games are the lame ones, but sometimes you find great things for great prices.

$20 or under:
-Dead Space - slick horror game with just about the best UI I've seen
-Mirror's Edge
-Godfather II
-Monster Madness: Grave Danger
-Red Faction Guerilla - YouTube - Space Asshole
-Sega Genesis Collection
-Far Cry 2 - a lot people don't like this but I loved the way it encourages you to plan than finds a way to throw than plan into chaos
-The Darkness ($10)
-Blazblue: Calamity Trigger ($18) - great but bloody hard 2d fighter. Each character plays differently. There is a new version on it's way, though
-Darksector ($8)
-Eat Lead ($15)
-Fairytale Fights ($18)
-Genji Days of the Blade - ($8)
-Fear ($17) / Fear 2 ($18)
-007 Quantum of Solace
-Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
-Lair ($15)
-Timeshare ($9)
-Civilization Revolution - actually surprised by how good it is. it's not baby Civ but then Civ V is coming
-Star Wars Unleashed ($18)
-Sonic the Hedgehog ($17)
-Assassins Creed
-Soul Calibur 4
-Call of Juarez (18)
-Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools (20)
-The Sabateur
-Stormrise
-Wet
-Jurassic the Haunted
-Brutal Legend (15)
-Bioshock - one of my favourite games, makes other FPSes look embarrassingly unambitious
-Rogue Warrior
-Dark Void

$30 or Under
-Mini Ninjas (28)
-Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time ($35...pushing it, price wise)
-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 ($27)
-Dragon Age - should be noted that the console versions aren't up to the standard of the PC one
-Uncharted - good game, bit repetitive, great sequel
-Crossedge
-Eternal Sonata
-The Godfather: Don Edition (25)
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Killzone 2
-Fear
-Xmen Origins Wolverine - not a new idea in here but the uncut/uncaged version is surprisingly good and brutal
-Street Fighter 4 (or Super Street Fighter 4, used) - get Super. Great game. Multiplayer is a lot of fun
-Tekken 6

I don't know much of anything about most of these games, except their names. I have played Bioshock a bit, and think it's worth giving another try. And I have played probably most or a good amount of Red Faction Guerilla, that whole series is pretty fun for me. If you know of any other good games that are cheap for PS3, then by all means, send your suggestions this way...

I want something multiplayer, for when my friends come over...Little Big Planet is tons of fun, but we can't keep playing it every time. I have NCAA Football 09, but I suck at it and I'm not super into it...I might get FIFA because I love it...just whichever is cheap right now....I played Modnation Racers and love it, I'd buy it but I don't want to drop $60 for one game. If there's anything creative looking, neat, fun..like that for 2 or more players, that's kind of what I'm most interested in buying, but I'll buy any fun game for a low price. I also really want Katamari Forever, but it's $45 :/
^ highlighted
(Offline)   Reply With Quote