View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #4369 (permalink)
ThisIsMyUserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
While I agree on the controller thing, for me it's often also about a sort of feeling I feel some games require for me...

racing games, I need to be sitting in front of a large screen tv.
most adventure games, I want it on a large screen, me sitting a bit back and kinda I dunno, leaning towards the tv...

but other games, rts games....any mmo....it requires me to be relaxed in my desk chair, at my desk, with my computer right in front of me....face-to-screen, hand on mouse...I dunno

Games have a "feel"/"posture" I feel suits them, and it can only be achieved with a console sometimes, and sometimes with a PC.
I agree, but Monoprice.com is your friend. I can switch to my TV as a second monitor and either watch stuff through Boxee or switch a game to that screen and play with a controller. I love playing Dirt 2 on there while I sit way too close.

Just run an HDMI or DVI to HDMI out to the tv and an optical or miniplug splitters/extensions to your receiver.

On the Boxee side, I can control it with my Droid and shut down the computer remotely when I'm done. <3 technology.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote