View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #87 (permalink)
fluxquanta

Wow, glad people are getting so worked up over my opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
So you have never had someone in your life commit suicide.
I have known people who have. Not necessarily people who were close to me, but then again, most people who are close to me feel the same way I do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Really, all this does is demonstrate that you don't understand suicide.
What is there to understand, really?

Quote:
Many times people kill themselves because it is the solution.
How? There is always an alternative. Always.

Quote:
Those people kill themselves by accident; its not really in their interests to pull the trigger.
So there are two types of suicide, then? People who know they want to kill themselves and do, and people who only think they want to kill themselves, but really don't want to, and manage to do it anyway? Ok then.

Quote:
Genuine depression isn't synonymous with whining about the state of one's life; it's a chemical sickness of the brain that makes living itself painful and unbearable.
I expect a lot of "well obviously you don't understand" comments, but truth be told my whole family is a cesspool of diagnosed depression and mental disorders. That doesn't mean I'm about to agree with suicide should someone in my family choose to take that route.

Quote:
Also, it's kind of messed up that you describe killing one's self as "quick and easy".
I'm not talking about the act of killing oneself, I'm talking about the thought process that goes into "I can't bring myself to actually do anything constructive to help ease my situation, but there is a route that involves minimal effort but eases all pain."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I never get if you're really so emotionless or you're just acting.
I'm not "just acting".

Quote:
Have you ever been seriously depressed or dealt with someone who was really, utterly and completely destroyed by something in their life?
Yes, see above with my family situation.

Quote:
I think that anyone that says that depression or suicide are cowardly/spineless/easy/pussy stuff is either an asshole (or pretending to be one) or is so well adjusted and ina pretty cozy life that they think everything can be solved easily.
I guess I'll pick the asshole route. Sorry for having an opinion that's not the same as yours.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote