View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #89 (permalink)
Cretaceous Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
How? There is always an alternative. Always.
Kind of what I'm talking about dude. Here's a scenario: your life is fine, you just find every single thing you think repugnant. You hate being you. Alternative?
Quote:
So there are two types of suicide, then? People who know they want to kill themselves and do, and people who only think they want to kill themselves, but really don't want to, and manage to do it anyway? Ok then.
Yes, I see a difference between the guy who puts a shotgun in his mouth and blows his head off in the first try and the teenager who slits her wrists 4 times and dies the last time. Those are two completely different people.
Quote:
I expect a lot of "well obviously you don't understand" comments, but truth be told my whole family is a cesspool of diagnosed depression and mental disorders. That doesn't mean I'm about to agree with suicide should someone in my family choose to take that route.
But nobody in your family has, which means you can't use them as a barometer for people who commit suicide.
Quote:
I'm not talking about the act of killing oneself, I'm talking about the thought process that goes into "I can't bring myself to actually do anything constructive to help ease my situation, but there is a route that involves minimal effort but eases all pain."
I know what you said. Describing suicide as lazy and easy is pretty messed up.

What "situation" do you imagine these people are in?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote