View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #91 (permalink)
Cretaceous Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Work on accepting who you are. That's what things like support groups, counseling, and (in some cases) medications are for. But there is no instant gratification in that. Hence my original comment about cowardliness.
Dude, what? "Just work on it"? That's not a fucking solution. It's not "who" you are. It's your very thoughts. You want your brain to shut up for two seconds but it won't stop. It's just an endless factory of shit you can't stand.

This is what I'm talking about. Everybody in your head wouldn't commit suicide if they just went to a group and talked to some people. That's so fucked.
Quote:
So the teenager would really mean it if only she could get her hands on a shotgun?
Seriously, dipshit? Are you going to play stupid to stick to your point? Tons of people pick prolonged forms of suicide, start doing them, and set up the circumstances to make sure they are stopped. Like taking pills and telling somebody you took pills. Like slicing wrists. These are not effective forms of suicide. There's a reason teenagers like to cut rather than hang themselves: the latter gets the job done.

It's not that hard to get a gun in high school. Kids who want guns get their hands on them. Funny how that's available, but people still choose to cut wrists.
Quote:
But I can use them as a barometer for mental illness, and that's behind every suicide.
Not the kind that causes suicide, obviously. A pedophile is also mentally ill, but he's not indicative of the mindset of people who killed themselves.
Quote:
See my first response in this post.
Where you didn't get the point either.
Quote:
The same situation as everyone else who has problems -- probably the same problems thousands of others have, only only their thought process is irrational.
That's quite a way to back out. How about this: people who kill themselves all have the same problems as people who kill themselves, who all have enough problems to kill themselves.

You try to say "everybody has problems and they get over it", but a fair bit of everybody kills themselves.

I think it pretty much sums up your stance when I point out that you've judged how hard a thing is to go through despite having zero familiarity with it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote