View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
That's the thing. There's no guarantee that sacrificing your freedom WILL result in the other positive consequences you desire. And then you're sacrificing your freedom for nothing. Which you're allowed to do. But if the government MAKES you do it, that's bad.
I knwo thats the more decent thought and i still have some of it in me, but years and years of severe disappointments with the justice system and the moral fiber of the majortiy of people made me desire foir a more strict set of rules that cast out people that use consititutional rights to commit wrong things.

i believe in the idea of freedome, but im also so disgusted by how people abused it and, im afraid, will keep abusing it that i am believing more and more in the need for an inflexible world as the one keith often painted on the show.

it probably has to do with the fact that i'm a disappointed idealist. its like being a catholic and then go atheist, the believers seem so wrong at times, while i still can see some of their points.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote