View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i always had hopes on the possibility of reforming pedophiles but reading books on the subjects and trying to understand it, made me kinda aware that its not a suppressable urge in most cases. it comes back.

next sentence will sound like homophobia but its not what its meant to be, so please do not overread into this:

from what i gathered for a lot of pedophiles, their attraction to young boys is close to a sexual orientation. that does not justify it or makes it tolerable, since said orientation involves the abuse of a person (and in this case, even if the kids are "consenusal" it is still abuse, since they are manipulated into believeng that what they're doin is right) but it means, to me, that if you try to "clean their heads" or guide them, you might end up with a pedophile who suppresses his/her instincts but ends up with a resurfacing after a while, like it happend with reformed gays. some head are shaped the wrong way, and cant be helpes. i think the same of lots of drug addicts and abuysive people too. the failures on the long distance are a such a high number, and the victims of their actions keep rising.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote