View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #4996 (permalink)
Chmpy
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I haven't played anything but the story mode yet, so maybe my opinion will get better after I do that.
Well, as much as I love the multiplayer mode, it has absolutely no replay value. I think it was probably one of my favorite gaming experiences to connect with a stranger and play the game together without any voice chat (and...come to think of it, the gesture system is so easy to use that we hardly used any text chat either) so it really let me get immersed in the game with the other player seeming like a part of the game rather than a human.

That said...I will never play it again. (I haven't made it through all the MP puzzles yet, so I guess I will play again but not more than that...)

I was alternatively disappointed and really satisfied with the game. I felt like they really needed some of the advanced chambers and challenges like the ones that were in the first one. I can STILL play those in portal one and have fun trying to beat my time or whatever. But with Portal 2, once you beat it, it's pretty much over and the MP wont be fun after the first or second time. I didn't feel entitled to more...I thought the game was definitely worth the $50, but I was upset because they made this awesome fun game, and it wouldn't take too much more than they already did to make it a hundred times more awesome.

However...they announced that they were going to have free DLC that includes those things sometime this summer and that they didn't want to delay the game to add them in before launch, so now I'm pretty much back to being totally happy with it.

If you played the first one and liked it, and decided you wanted to play the sequel...I'm pretty much confused as to what more you wanted from it....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote