View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'd like to hear Keith argue about health care in Canada again.

I still believe the Canadian system is better. You're paying for it with taxes, but it's there when you need it. So it's not technically "free," of course. You have the option of paying more or going somewhere else if you don't want to deal with wait times. Obviously more people would rather wait (depending on the procedure; it's manageable for certain things and unacceptable for others) than pay shit loads of money. They're just two different forms of stress. I know which one more people are likely to choose.

Vancouver: all the people who participated in the rioting should be arrested. Good that a lot of them are on tape. They should be publicly shamed and forced to pay money and serve time. Being drunk and in a mob is not an excuse. And good for all those people who are helping out with the clean up. All of Canada should not be stereotyped based on those actions, and someone from the U.S.A. should have experience with such accusations against their own country. There have been losses with other Canadian hockey teams in the past, and people just went home after the final game.

I'm not always on Keith's side because of how one-sided he can be when he latches on to an idea / point. And the podcast acts as a public forum that allows him to defend himself in ways listeners and others can not. But once in a while he's completely on point. In the case of the Android app, Keith is 100% correct. And I appreciate Chemda's ability to think about other sides (except when it gets to the child rapist lawyer moments, of course).

P.S. I have at least a few cousins who about to become doctors and they still live with their parents. Just saying...

Last edited by thirteen; 06-17-2011 at 12:11 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote