View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
It is NOT Zionist bankers, the Zionist banker thing is a FAKE conspiracy theory that was made to discredit any real criticism of the IMF and World bank by making it look like its anti-Semitic

Conspiracy theories are so much fun!

There are definitely anti-Semitic people who get caught up in these theories, though. My liberal friend sent me to some forum about some false flag thing they were claiming our government did -- I think it was causing the Japanese earthquake with HAARP or something. Anyway, I started reading some threads in the forums there and they'd be talking about any stupid topic and someone would casually throw in some comment like, "You know Wiki is run by Jews."

And whenever someone in these groups makes a comment about "international bankers" it tends to be code for "Jew bankers." Sometimes I swear the myths about Jews in the Middle Ages (they are demons, they drink the blood of babies) have just morphed into these modern conspiracy theories about the Illuminati, lizard people, etc. It's the same old racist schtick, just with aliens and lizards instead of demons and succubi.