View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
sagzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
the whole anger thing is so real. my father wasnt abusive, not physically, but he was a major bully that loved to shout and belittle
i can relate to this because it took me too long to even be able to talk to my dad seeing as everytime he opened his mouth it was to tell me that I wasn't good enough. On top of that I got my beatings for everything from grades to being over at my aunt's place for too long (seeing as he resented my mother's sister) What Robert said is true, you do kinda emotionally shut down and all thats left is rage. Anger and rage give you a feeling of relief because all the bottled up emotions can be released in one fell swoop.
As a little kid I had a nasty temper and loved getting into fights to the point where I almost choked my friend to unconciousness and it took a beating by his older cousin to get me to learn how to control my temper.

My dad kept putting me down all the way until just a few years ago when i just couldn't take it and I said "fuck it" yelled back at him. Now we have a sort of truce/compromise where we only speak when we absolutely have to.