View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Junkenstein
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbane89 View Post
Oh God. I know that pain first hand. I went to film school in San Francisco (imagine what that was like), and trying to explain to the other students and teachers I wanted a job that actually paid me money, and produced "normal looking" films, was met with blank stares much akin to when I ask my terrier to round Pi out to the 136,000th decimal place. The amount of god awful, pretentious, pointless, offensive, student films that are permanantly burned into my brain would be enough to drive most people insane. The camera doesn't always have to be moving, your edits don't have to cause seizures, sound is a good thing to have so I know what the hell is going on, and for God's sake the first three things I mentioned DO NOT mean you don't have to have a plot!
exactly. plus i have an undying love for classic directing, done on FILM and with a panoramic screen (thats why i love the direction tarantino is going, but i digress).

especially in horror, where there used to be some amazing filmmakers once, now everything is shaky cam, mtv jump cuts and LOUD NOISE scares. or if it isnt, its all about faking how "extreme" your movie is and not actually doing anything worth watching (like the human centipede thing).

with all the shit Avatar had, at least its a distinctly non-shaky movie.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote