View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Blitzgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
"Max Gerson (18 October 1881–8 March 1959) was a German physician who developed the Gerson Therapy, an alternative dietary therapy which he claimed could cure cancer and most chronic, degenerative diseases. Gerson described his approach in the book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases. However, when Gerson's claims were independently evaluated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), it was found that Gerson's records lacked the basic information necessary to systematically evaluate his claims. The NCI concluded that Gerson's data showed no benefit from his treatment.[1] The therapy is considered scientifically unsupported and potentially hazardous"

Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?

Yeah, Gerson was the epitome of a snakeoil salesman. He first marketed his diet plan to cure migraine headaches and tuberculosis. Then he claimed it cured cancer. Basically, they tell you to eat a vegetarian diet of whole, unprocessed foods to detoxify your body. In the most general terms, anyone who eats like that is going to be healthier. Except, their other treatment to detoxify your body is coffee enemas. That's right, jam coffee up your ass and that somehow detoxifies your body.

When no one else is able to replicate your results in an independent study, you have not "proven" anything.

The other bullshit cancer cure guy I heard about recently is one who treats cancer with human piss. No, I'm not making that up.

Stanislaw Burzynski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia