View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
King Will
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

No to sound totally condescending to keith and chemda, but the preporation from the news helped this area quite a bit. The water that you would be saving is meant if the power goes off and your pump for water shuts off. That means your toilets wont flush after the power goes out. That is why people say fill the bath tub or buckets with water, your not supposed to drink it. People who are buying ten 24 packs of water at a time are totally acting on what the news told them, "stock up on water" but people are simple and need to be told why.
I was lucky and I only lost water and power for two days because i am across the street from a university, but the people in the less then 1000 feet of me that have no water or electricity at all. Not to mention that atms are either empty of money or don't have an internet connection or power. Gas for generators have literally left this area dry from gas, people have to drive 20 miles to get anything not to mention a lot if not all of grocery stores are closed. True there are still places to go, and so people aren't stranded and starving, but this is real ta'doo.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote