Thread: 1: Hey Jealousy
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There are points in this episode - just like there are in her KATG appearances - that I find Lauren's openness about battling demons genuinely quite moving.

I liked Mariah MacCarthy too, but what made her intriguing was almost the opposite of why Lauren's so good to listen to. Whereas Lauren's talking about a fight she struggles with Mariah comes across as very centred and assured and I thought her attitude to both the subject and her own art made her very compelling. To be honest, maybe one of the two brilliant singers in the room could have helped her out and sung the hook melody to her rap but the lyrics were a lot of fun and balls to her for being fearless about performing it. I really hope I get to hear more from both of these guests in the future.

So really nice job right out of the blocks Chemda, I'm stoked you're branching out on this second podcast project and I hope it turns out as fun and fulfilling as you dream it will.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote