View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
stulagu
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I totally get Chemda's desire to promote Peyton. I do that all the time. I find someone I love and they don't have motivation or their head around what it takes to "make it" and before I know it I'm spewing out idea after idea and then their eyes get big and think I'm a nut. But, hell, I've used most of my marketing ideas for my own business and they have succeeded, and I don't understand anyone that is in the arts that doesn't have motivation. You need money to make a living, you don't want to sell out, but you have to sell yourself somehow, so go get a website and start networking. It isn't that hard! Lets go!

One of my main examples is my sister. She is a fantastic painter (The Artwork of Stephanie Guidera) and I had to PUSH and NAG her to get a website. She graduated with a degree in fine art painting and they didn't teach her she needs a website and to go show her work to galleries and meet people and network? Come ON! So now I promote her as much as I can. It just seems to be that most people in the artistic field do not also have the genes that make them go getters. Not sure why that is...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote