View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
da_ticklah
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm on sprint but when I look at my data usage, I've never gone over 2 Gig or even gotten close 1.5 was as close as I've been.

I would say no to AT&T in NY as I'm still bitter about how their shitty service in the times square area made me miss calls and text's from my cousin when I was trying meet up for lunch. The text messages showed up 4 hours later when I was back in Brooklyn all the time (aside from being on the subway) I had 4 or 5 bars signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
I'm about to get a cell phone again. I used Metro PCS before because I was broke, but now I actually need something good for work, so I'm looking to get a Droid with an unlimited data plan.

Can anyone comment on the reception of different providers in the NYC area? AT&T and Verizon are both ruled out as they don't offer unlimited data. Cellreception.com is listing Sprint as a good option (and Nextel which seems to be owned by Sprint), but I've never heard a good word about Sprint. And T-Mobile, which I heard was good years and years ago, seems to be dead last now.

Also, can any Droid owners recommend stable, powerful phones, preferably with slide-out keyboards?