View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
canuck_king

the web player only loads the first 15 min of the show...Wow so now I'm assuming if we don't catch the show live, we only get a 15 min preview of the show, and the rest of the show is in the vip...shitty deal, whats next, were gonna have to buy a vip membership just to go on the website...

*Edit, nvm the web player just messed up, can't say I wouldn't of been surprised if what I originally posted happened in the future, squeeze every penny! squeeze every penny! *

I agree ya's gotta make money by any means, and I know sponsors in every show isn't enough, the dozens of products you guys sell aren't enough, The events, live shows, an Bingo aren't enough, and donations, and reoccurring donations aren't enough, so now I guess its time they start charging for the very thing that made them, there show. There's only a couple problems I see this. Loyal fans who have been listening for years and years, and who supported ya's when they had a little bit of extra money by making purchases at the KATG store,or by once in a while they make a donation. Now if these members get in a rut, or cant afford VIP for a few months, they don't get Chema's show, the back catalogue, and all the rest of the episodes? Doesn't really sound fair...

What about new members, they get to listen to like 5 episodes, and then have to make a decision based on a couple episodes if they wanna purchase the rest of them, I personally am going to, but the majority of people aren't into pod casts, let alone buying them....

Last point, KATG used to use the point that they have over 1,000,000 unique downloads a month to entice sponsors, media kits, etc... Now there definetly won't be 1,000,000 d.l's a month...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another, unrelate rude point. Even Newsy was saying that KATG ripped off everyone who went on the labor day camping trip, by hugely overcharging them, and then keeping the profit. Newsy kept complaining that theres no way it should of cost a couple hundred dollars to sleep outside....

I had to remind this Cheap Gay guy that it probably included all the food, liquor, activities and etc... ..

Last edited by canuck_king; 10-04-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: truth needs to be told
(Offline)   Reply With Quote