View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
wookietv

i have t-mobile here in ny... works fine and dandy here, like kyle said. they advertise as unlimited data, which is true in a sense. but it's high speed up to 5gb. once you go over, it is slow as shit. edge speeds i would gather. i did it one month using pandora a lot, so watch your usage.
however, they have terrible rural coverage. you leave a city environment and you get nothing. in the last 2 months, i was in rural georgia, virginia, and massachussets and all 3 had nothing working, while my friends with other carriers were fine.

before t-mobile, i had sprint and it too worked fine here in ny. only reason i switched is because i wanted the nexus s on t-m...
for my job where i was traveling world-wide a lot, it worked out. the nexus s comes unlocked and you can switch the sim out for a local country sim and save $.

if you're not traveling intl or going to be in a rural setting any time soon, tmobile is just fine. sprint though is cheapest, i just find their lineup of phones to be weakest of the big 4.