Thread: 1474: PANIC!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
PsychoLoco
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Why does Chemda ramble so much? She talks herself into tangential issues that are irrelevant to her or Keith's original arguments. For example, at 12:46, Keith mentions DJ Quad's email on Steve Job's death, then Chemda brings up fans who try to emulate Keith's demeanor. How are these things related??? Yet during the same topic, at 14:20, she reads a random quote by Dan Hatch: "Maybe Steve Jobs will get Keith and Chemda back together" and she responds, "No, we couldn't hear each other. He broke us up!". What was the point of that entire conversation?

I only complain about this because I tend to catch myself zoning out during parts of the show and I realize that it happens when Chemda has a lot to say. I have to rewind some segments 2-3 times just to figure out what she's talking about-- and I still don't get it.

I do give her a lot of credit. She contributes meaningful information to every conversation. I usually agree with her perspective on issues as she is much more sensible than Keith. I just wish she would practice better word economy by making her arguments/opinions more concise.
I diagnose you with ADD, ADHD, and probably some other attention-related disorder that I'm not aware of because I don't pay attention to the current medical literature. That said, 2 points:
  1. Weren't all Huggie-related forum names discredited in the 600-750 show range?
  2. I've listened to all but about 200 of the shows, and I am a hearing-related learner. I have yet to hear KATG bring up a topic during a show, go off on a tangent (this happens a lot), and then not return to the topic. In other words, I don't recall a show ending with me thinking that they left me hanging unless they specifically said wait for the next show.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 10-12-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I drank half a bottle of 5-year-old cognac, so my memory may be off and I expect heart palpitations in the morning.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote