View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
thirteen
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I liked Jay a lot as well.

The argument Keith and Chemda had about "goody-two-shoes" people and how a lot of them constantly say "we shouldn't go to war" but then have no other solution for the problem is one that has been brought up a bunch of times on the show. And I still disagree with it. As if though those people (like Jared) are disgusting human beings for having hope. Very defeatist.

I think the opposite argument is just as bad. Your immediate reaction shouldn't be "let's go kill a bunch of people" either. It's not like most of the people with that argument have a long-term solution either. They're almost always acting out to get immediate gratification. Dismissing people who have an opinion but don't have a solution is very condescending. And it's actually easier to always go for the throat rather than thinking things through.

Not saying the Occupy Wall Street movement is well organized or that a lot of the people there have cohesive ideas, but movements can take decades to get going, and it's not the place of people who aren't doing anything (myself included) to harshly judge those who are trying. You wouldn't get anything "large" accomplished ever if your viewpoint is the way it is now.

edit: I forgot to mention that I do agree with Keith about the celebrities speaking up in other countries and hanging out with their corrupt leaders. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't have done research ahead of time.

Last edited by thirteen; 11-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote