View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
pinkandsparkly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i have the same impression Dean had, not because i judged the lifestyle, but because of how erin verbalized it. She kept using sentences and points that sounded like bad stuff but rationalized intellectually.
*le sigh*

Did you read my thoughts on this? I can't speak for Erin, but from my perspective, if you're going to continue to patronizingly devalue life decisions that are different than your own, could you at least cite Erin's remarks that lead you to believe she's unhappy?

I mentioned that a lot of Erin's comments resonated with me; there were several times I wanted to reach through my iphone and be like, "YES! THAT!" because she speaks so eloquently on a rather forbidden topic. I can't speak for her, but your comment isn't the first time I've heard that we (meaning those women who choose non-monogamy) aren't happy but we just go along with it for whatever reason. It's patronizing and smacks of misogyny, simply because our (meaning collective "our," not just mine and Erin's) choices are different from your own.

I get that this lifestyle or choice isn't for everyone... I respect that you choose to be in whatever relationship that makes you happy (girlfriend, marriage, threesomes, whatever). Why do you have a hard time accepting that others might be interested in non-monogamy? Are you speaking STRICTLY about Erin's experiences, or do you think no woman can be happy in this type of relationship? What would a woman have to say to convince you she's happy? What did Erin say that convinced you she's not?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote