View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
astrokahn

Oh my god this was probably THE best podcast episode I've ever listened to-- thank you Chemda, Lauren and Laura for being open and honest enough to talk about all of this stuff on the air, to total strangers.

Chemda, kudos to you on your podcast, you bring up all the shit everyone wants to know but is afraid to ask. It's so nice to hear an open dialogue about alternatives to the mainstream and typical, expected paths in relationships and sex. Yay for you!

Lauren's admissions about her experience being transgender almost made me cry because of how much shit she seems to have had to overcome and is still working through and at the same time I felt so happy that you two are such a great match and that you have found each other and get to experience this whole new thing together. Sex clubs? Awesome!

I had a question though Chemda-- why do you refer to Lauren with female pronouns "she, her..." if Lauren identifies as male? Is that for your own comfort or ours? Also, is the decision to switch to male pronouns the equivalent to coming out "again"? I have a transgender cousin and I feel like it was a coming out for him.

One last thing, I had this whole "how to I introduce this person to my friends and family" thing in past relationships, granted I'm a woman and they were always men so it was easier for me than two women in this situation-- if I was ever uncomfortable (because of our relationship status or whatever), I'd just say "this is my Dave".

"This is my Lauren" works just as well.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote