View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbnail
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great show, very insightful.

Fortunately I'm one of those low maintenance gals.

Been with my boyfriend for 12 years, 5 living together.
When my grandfather passed away my parents inherited half a building and are letting us live for free in one of the apartments. Also the house was pretty old so they fixed it up, let me chose tiles and shit, put new windows, new kitchen, the works.
I would not forgive myself if I was to spend a dollar of their money on my wedding. They would gladly pay for it but... they gave me A HOUSE!

When or if we get married it will be on our terms: just close family at the notary and no fucking wedding dress.

The wedding industry is a waste of money and if I'm scraping and saving all year around, why the hell would I have a wedding, with the overpriced dress and the feeding of idiot family members I run from my entire life.

I'm low maintenance and I'm definitely not an overthinker so we just move our lives forward, happily and with lots of love, after all these years. The party would only stress me out; this way, I'm just happy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote