View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
BrianAlt
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Loved the episode. One thing that would be interesting is talking to someone married 20-25 years and someone married 40+.

I got married at 25, didn't have kids till 29 and that made a big difference. The major pressures of marriage didn't start till then. We both had good jobs and that makes a huge difference.

We've now been married 20 years (yes, I am offering myself to be interviewed ) and there have been plenty of ups and downs, but I'm really happy being married and with the person I chose as my, "significant other."

If you can get past the high single digits (7-10 years), I think you start seeing those intangible benefits that you often hear about marriage. Just before 10 it becomes, hmmm am I really only going to have sex with this person?

And there are NO financial benefit to marriage. You pay more taxes, not less.

Perhaps the perceived credit risk is a plus, but good credit is good credit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote