Thread: 1502: Bloop
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dean from Australia
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Interesting that the U.S. had to be pretty much dragged kicking and screaming into WW2 because up until Pearl Harbour, they steadfastly refused Britain's pleas for assistance when Nazi Germany, along with Russia was marching all over Europe.

I remember the absolute horror stories my Pa used to tell about the Australians defending New Guinea and the Pacific Islands from Japan's perilous march south towards Australia and still the Americans stayed out of it until Pearl Harbour.

WW2 would have been over a lot quicker had America heeded Britain's calls for help and Japan would never have gotten the foot hold it did into the Pacific region. Ten's of thousands of lives were lost needlessly because they sat on their arses for 3 years and let it happen.

Sure, Pearl Harbour was a travesty (as was the movie btw), but I can't help but wonder whether it was one of America's own making.

I also find it amusing that of all the nuclear armed nations, the States are still the only ones to have launched an atomic bomb as an act of war.

Gotta be proud of that eh?