Thread: 15: Death
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
BrianAlt
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

At first I kind of discounted Lauren's and Jesse's experience versus BroLo's because of the nature of death of a family member versus the death of a friend. But in many ways, Lauren's experience was the most intense and the separation she had to suffer after the death is pretty heartbreaking.

Jesse's experience is interesting in that he was so connected to Greg professionally and I'm sure so few to this day realize it.

I had a friend that died in 9/11 and a few days after I called his house and his girlfriend picked up. I had never met her, even though I should have at that point. I asked her if she had heard from Steve and she of course had not. She wanted to know if I had heard anything and I of course had not. We knew of each other through Steve. All I could say on the phone was, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." (Damn, crying writing this.) Now we have no connection and we could literally run into each other and not even know it.

Our connections in this world seem so strong, but in actuality are so loosely based. The only one that really understands what our connections mean to us is ourselves. And that kinda sucks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote