View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
dannyhatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by albi View Post
I remember going by myself to a comedy club when I was travelling solo around the uk. And being young and naive, I eagerly sat up front. Well, a young lady sitting up front by herself and nursing a wine apparently attracts attention because each act singled me out for participation. The main act was the only one who ‘picked on’ me, asking if I was alright being there by myself, was I librarian?, etc etc. Too bad I turned out to be a librarian years later but that’s not the point!

I just wanted a fun night out. This experience took away a lot of that fun (although I did make friends because after getting singled out three times in a row, a group took pity on me and I joined their table) and now I’m wary about sitting too close to any stages...
That's wrong, what that comedian did. Making fun of innocent (so to speak) audience members is a sure sign of an insecure comedian. But I think once someone heckles you, they're fair game. It sounds like you weren't heckling the comedian, so there's no reason for him to have mede fun of you. Plus, librarians are cool and so is reading.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote