View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
denden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You think you can sum up the shocking gist?
I suppose I can try. Essentially its saying that Invisible Children, the guys behind the whole KONY 2012 thing are wrong in trying to raise awareness to try and get the American military to intervene in the whole thing. It says that that Kony is essentially an "old bogeyman" in Uganda and that most reports state that he isn't even in the area and hasn't been since 2002. He's still extremely dangerous, and it says that raising awareness might make things even worse by re-invigorating Kony's own campaign and cause even more bloodshed. The main crux of the article being that Invisible Children seems to be quite irresponsible in trying to solve the whole situation with violence and that there are better ways to help the Ugandan people, ones that help them in the long term. It gives an example of supporting groups that actually try and make them self sufficient in terms of education and health. It also asks people to do their OWN research about this and make their own decisions regarding the situation instead of blindly spreading the wrong kind of message.

*phew* That was tougher then I thought. That's what I got from reading it. even still you should read it when you have the chance.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote