View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
denden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Get Michael to SkimThat the history of regional politics of Africa, the background on Kony, the background on IC, and the background on America's involvement in dealing with this issue. Then take all that and put it through SkimThat again, condense it down to 5 paragraphs, and I might check it out.

Otherwise, I watched the video, and sympathize with the abducted children, so I know I'm a good person and can go do other stuff now.
Wow, the legendary dwarrior =P(sorry new forum user, just heard your username a lot on the show). But, yeah anyway, your point is understandable, it IS wordy for an article, its more of an essay, really. The whole KONY thing is, to me, old school propaganda, because its essentially threatening the viewer into thinking that if you DON'T spread the word people will be killed and children abducted. The fact is, its gonna happen anyway. and taking down Kony isn't going to solve anything, someone else is going to pop up in his place. Why? Because people aren't thinking for themselves, they aren't educated enough to make their own decisions, and follow anyone that says "I will make your life better" while subsequently slaughtering even more people. Invisible Children are just a bunch of douche bags, check the picture in the link (no reading required), those are the founders of Invisible Children, and their posing with the (at the time) then-child-soldier-recruiting SPLA. yeeah...

Last edited by denden; 03-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote