View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
sagzy

As a Ugandan, my response to Kony2012

As a Ugandan, I love this exposure but, it aggravates me that everyone is jumping on this hype train when this shit has been going on for the last 20 something odd years. I know there are people who are truly touched by this and i applaud all those with pure hearts but i gotta admit, the people i know who have been like; "oh my god, this is tragic i feel so sad, can you retweet this!" I pretty much been telling those people to fuck off because i have seen this going on for the last 2 decades.
I have gone to school with child soldiers being rehabbed back into normal society and the stories i heard were even more chilling than the video.
Unfortunately for me at this point I am little bit desensitized seeing as i lived in Uganda while the whole Kony thing was a matter of national securty.......which as 3rd world politics goes became almost a "cash cow" for the local government. Pretty much they isolated him in the northern part of the country and the rest of the country went on with life.
The most annoying thing is the fucking assholes who come up to me and say; "lets go into Uganda and get him." The muthafucka hasn't been in the country for the last 8 or so years........GET YOUR FUCKING FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I was in school when students from BYU made fucking Invisible Children and this was in 2009, this is 3 yrs later.........

Sorry for the rant but ever since this started going viral people have been coming up to me telling me how this is so tragic, I have gone from; "I know its so sad." to "fucking get educated"