View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
erinjudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
its how she dropped sentences like "my husband had a stint of jealousy but it was only a testosterone driven reaction that he didnt rationalize".
That is a fascinating quote of something I literally never said! But thanks for the inaccurate punctuation!!

This show was about probing the difficulties of my non-monogamous marriage. Chemda expertly asked the tough questions, and I responded candidly. It's not produced by the pro-non-monogamy SuperPac, nor is it focused on the pros of this kind of relationship.

Generally, when somebody asks about my lifestyle, they want to know about my opinion on the challenges of this way of relating. I'm honest about those challenges. I could also go into ecstatic detail about the (many (MANY many)) advantages, but as an interviewee I tend to answer the questions I'm asked.

Anybody who talks about any relationship in a series of hard-punctuated positives is not telling the whole, subtle story. Nobody's relationship is all platitudes of glory.

And, unlike others you may know, I was comfortable enough to go on a highly respected and widely heard podcast to talk about my relationship. If you think that makes it seem like I'm not extremely comfortable with it, then I really don't know what else to say to you.

And if every single sentence I uttered sounded to you like I was rationalizing something I'm utterly uncomfortable with, then you need to listen to episode 21.

Love from my marital love nest (8+ years and going strong!!),
~Erin

Last edited by erinjudge; 03-15-2012 at 09:56 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote