View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
DWarrior
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I voted the billboards are bad. Loopy religious people proselytize, sane secularists do not. Atheists do not go door to door, or condemn people for their beliefs, no matter how obviously delusional they are. We lead by the example of tolerance and sanity. We do not adopt religious tactics, because we know how it feels to be on the receiving end of them.

I'm atheist, and have been for my entire life. I was raised catholic and attended church every Sunday that I lived in my parents' house. We all get along because I am tolerant and respectful of their beliefs, as they are of mine as well.
Your parents might have been tolerant, but having you go to church means they weren't respectful. Are you fine with living your life knowing other people are just tolerating you?

People who are religious just for the sense of community need to be aware that there is a community of Atheists as well that they can go to in case those ideas resonate with them more than religious beliefs.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote