View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
lolaclare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Why? You know this to be true. You've known it all of your life. It would be like going to Israel and complaining about Judaism.
But surely the vast majority of Israeli citizens are actually Jewish?

The UK is a total contradiction. It is technically a Christian country (because of the whole Head of State = Head of Church thing) however only 10%-20% of the population attend church regularly so the vast majority are not practising Christians. And that 10-20% includes other Christian denominations so not just Church of England.

Britain is the only Western democracy to require worship in non-religious publicly funded schools. I don't think it's inclusive to the Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Jewish etc. and non-religious population to continue this way. It annoys me enough that my children have to take part in Christian worship to attend school but surely it must annoy those of other religions just as much.

Just because something has been the way it is all my life doesn't mean I can't wish it would change. The National Secular Society and the British Humanist Association are campaigning for it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote