View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
BrianAlt
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolaclare View Post
But surely the vast majority of Israeli citizens are actually Jewish?
75.5% - many do not go to synagogue.

I bet 60-80% of people in the UK are Christian - the vast majority. We're not talking about going to church here.

I looked it up. 71.6% identify themselves as Christian. That's pretty close to Israel.

You can wish it to change, but you need to be realistic. That was exactly my point. Feel free to work for change, that's a good thing. Just don't be shocked if it doesn't happen.

Remember, what's being talked about here is a Christian Fundamentalist speaking at a political rally. This is exactly against (in my opinion) the USA's doctrine - The Constitution - that espouses separation of church and state. If not the letter of the law, then surely the meaning of it.

The UK is a Christian country. That's true until it is not. When it is not, then your argument has little to disagree with.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote