View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Black Bart

Theory

I have to make one last post on this show and then hopefully I can just stop blabbering.

The whole issue of "theory" and how certain states and/or school districts are allowing certain information to be passed off as science infuriates me to no end.

A 'scientific theory' is not a guess or an opinion. It is a something that can be explained with empirical evidence given the science available at the moment. Yes, at a time, the world was flat was accepted as a valid theory but future scientific discovery proved it false and a new theory replaced it. Thank you Copernicus & Galileo.

What the bible belters (sry for the derogatory term) call a scientific theory is actually a philosophical theory and are based on statements that can not be proven scientifically.

I have another term for their 'theories' - Bovine Scatology.

Sorry for being preachy here but I had to vent this out.

I am actually a bit jealous of those who believe in God. Not all of them but some of the nicest people here in NYC I randomly interact with have that faith based attitude and it comes through. They are at peace with the world and the kindness shows through. I am probably wrong about this but I think its the Baptists I am speaking of. Then again it may be more cultural than the religious angle but that sort of stuff is hard to separate out when you come down to it.

The way I see it, most people on these forums don't seem to be religious but are nice people. That 'niceness' probably came down through their upbringing by their parents who I would bet the vast majority would say, 'yes, they were religious or believe(d)'

The dogma / teachings / tenants end up pervading the culture and, subsequently, family and other relationships. Not such a bad thing when you look at the Gospel and what it is all about and not necessarily what the pastor/preacher tells you what is right or wrong based on that information or what the Pope & his cardinals say what is right or wrong.

thanks for your patience

well - time to make some $
(Offline)   Reply With Quote