View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Astigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Yeah I’m constantly using IIFYM, the last time I seriously tried to implement it I did the math and at the time I figured, with my (then) current workout routine I would need 700+ grams of carbs a day just to maintain my energy level. I gave it a try for about a week, but I just can’t eat that much a day. But honestly all “diets” work; Paleo, Kateo, hell slim fast or weight watchers work as long as you stick with it and are consistent with exercise. Its just about finding the one that is right for you and can fit your daily life. I have to say though that IIFYM seems to be the most malleable that I’ve found in a long time, it just takes a lot of planning and some number crunching ability. But once you’ve got it mapped out its pretty much smooth sailing. It's not the soda, its not the cheese burger or fries or bread. Its the person. If a person wants to be fat they'll find an excuse.
Do you mean 700 grams or 700 calories of carbs a day? If it's the former that would seem to imply you ran like 10 miles a day.

Yes all diets work for fat loss so long as they're causing you to live in a caloric deficit. If you eat/drank nothing but slim fast and you ended up with a caloric deficit you absolutely will lose weight. It's not the slim fast, however, that would make you lose weight. It is simply that you do not have enough energy and so your body begins to use its fat stores to make up the deficit. Thinking that some chocolate drink is miraculously causing the fat loss is a fallacy. A slim fast is just liquid calories which is a little fat, a moderate amount of protein, A LOT of carbs and is likely fortified with vitamins and minerals.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote