Thread: 31: Trippin'
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
TallulahB

This was a good show. I think it is important as a parent to have had some of these experiences. All of the drugs and alcohol I have used, I did after I didn't live with my parents anymore. I moved out when I was 18. I started drinking immediately and then soon after started smoking weed. When I was 20, I worked in a restaurant where the head chef had access to pretty much any drug available. He took me under his wing and I tried mushrooms (twice), cocaine (about 10 times), several different kinds of pills, ectasy (twice), and LSD (1 time) all under the watchful eye of he and his wife. I was glad I experienced all of those things, but knew I didn't have the money or the time to continue to use any of these things to any extent and because my mom and grandpa were both alcoholics, I was more scared about becoming addicted to something than I was afraid of having a bad trip.

My experience with mushrooms was fun and I used some of my altered experiences as ideas for my college English writing assignments. It just seemed to expand my ability to think creatively.

I remembered hearing about the depression study Myq was citing on NPR and found this info on their website.

Your Brain On Psilocybin Might Be Less Depressed : Shots - Health Blog : NPR
(Offline)   Reply With Quote