View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bucho
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
I also have his beloved 12 string Guild acoustic guitar that he played nearly every night of his life earning his living for his family. It was always a big deal when you got to hold it because my Dad was very protective of it and for good cause, if we broke it we would be breaking his tool to make money. Now that I have it, I am scared to even open the case. I've also got an old PA system he used that is in the shed because I've no room to have it set up in our house anymore. Plus, he had a newer PA that will probably go to me... I don't want to sell any of this stuff because it was his. Blah!!!
Holding onto your old man's gat is waaaay understandable though, especially since he literally earned his living to support you guys with it. Sentimentality doesn't get much more legit than that. You should never feel any doubt or hoarder guilt about that even if you never play it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote