Thread: 31: Trippin'
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
thelastknowngod

Pretty solid episode. I feel like I can relate to Myq and Lauren pretty well on a lot of these topics. I did a LOT of research before I decided to do it. Even now, I only really do it once a year at most. At the moment it has been about a year and a half since I last did them. It's a really powerful thing that you need to be prepared for before you dive in. Always go in with a positive attitude. Whatever emotion you take into it will be amplified. They don't make you crazy, they just bring whatever you've got to the surface.

I believe the reason orange juice can bring you out of, or intensify a trip, is because the citric acid breaks down the psilocybin faster. If you take it at the beginning of a trip it will be more intense but shorter, toward the end it can bring you out of it faster. I have usually done it with lemon juice in the past but either should be fine. Use fresh squeezed if at all possible too.

An eighth is about 3.5 grams. Generally when I do it I take around 7 grams. I do it alone in the apartment just laying in bed, lights out, no music, no tv. I've done the walking around outside thing which is nice but your mind can take you to even more amazing places. People have said I'm insane for doing this and that's probably true. Since I do it so infrequently I just go all out. I have had some tough trips but overall it's really not a big deal. I can work my way through it. It's kinda like lucid dreaming in that environment.. you are trying to steer your mind in different directions.

I've done a bunch of other psychedelics but mushrooms were always the best for me. I feel like they are more emotional and less speedy, more wavy. One time I cried for hours. Nothing was wrong, quite the opposite. I was realizing how much I love everyone.

Also, I'm not condoning it but growing your own is not difficult, expensive, or noticeable at all.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote