View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
bw81
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Loved the episode, Pat was very insightful.

I proposed to my girlfriend after we'd been together for 4 years. There was no pressure from her, none of my friends or family had pushed the idea... I just wanted to do it. It felt like the next step and had no reservations about it. We'd been living together after our first year together, had moved to a country town for her work for a couple years, etc... so we were already playing the married game as it was.

When we finally did get married I felt very proud of our relationship and being able to shove it in peoples faces for a night. Kind of like a, "This is what a good partnership can be like, now down that beer and dance!" kind of attitude. But in terms of our living situation; we'd moved into our own home that we had built a year prior, had shared bank accounts and all that other stuff that might be new for some newlyweds. So it was business as usual, just with a bit more strut.